Innovative solutions for security research
Globalisation and increasing networking pose special challenges for securing critical infrastructures. New technologies also bring with them new hazardous situations: how do you extinguish a burning e-car, for example, or how can hazardous substances be identified as quickly as possible in the event of an accident? Smart drones or land-based robotics could help here in the future.
BAM works together with SMEs and the authorities and organisations with security tasks (BOS) on the further development of such technologies and the assessment of hazardous situations. One focus is on the analysis, detection and identification of chemical hazardous substances and explosives as part of CBRNE hazards and the associated sensor technology.
Another focus of BAM is fire, explosion and dispersion scenarios and their effects on people, nature and infrastructure. At our Technical Safety Test Site (BAM TTS) we can experimentally investigate such scenarios on a real scale. Based on the results, we evaluate the effects together with safety authorities, develop protection concepts or adapt them to new requirements.
Our services and competences
- Real-scale tests of fire, explosion and dispersion scenarios
- Development, testing and trial of sensor technology and methodology for the analysis, detection and identification of chemical hazardous substances and explosives
- echnical-scientific advice from BOS
- Test Centre for Drones (TUAS)
- InnoBOSK - Innovation forum for networking authorities and organisations with security tasks (BOS) and SMEs for innovative solutions and civil security research