BAM is able to receive and process electronic invoices. From 27 November 2020, electronic invoicing will be mandatory. Exceptions to the obligation (for example, in the case of direct orders up to €1,000 excluding VAT) are regulated in § 3 paragraph 3 of the E-Invoicing Ordinance (E-RechV).
BAM’s “Leitweg-ID” is: 991-06480-14
We kindly ask you to make use of the possibilities of electronic invoicing. You will also benefit from the advantages even before the upcoming obligation:
- More efficient workflows, shorter processing times, faster invoice payment
- Quick and easy access to invoice data
- Enabling digital, audit-proof archiving
- Cost savings for paper, printing and postage
Transmission of electronic invoices
BAM receives electronic invoices via the Federal Government’s Central Invoice Submission Portal (CISP). You can reach the CISP at xrechnung.bund.de.
Content of electronic invoices
In accordance with § 5 E-RechV, an electronic invoice must contain at least the following information in addition to the invoice components required for VAT purposes (see § 14 UStG):
- “Leitweg-ID” (identification number) - The “Leitweg-ID” will be communicated to you when you place your order
- Terms of payment or alternatively the due date
- Bank details of the payee
- De-Mail or e-mail address of the invoicing party