BAM has teamed up with the Diamond Light Source to bring you an ongoing series of online lectures. The lectures focus on early career researchers in materials science using scattering and diffraction techniques as part of their research. The talks are intended to provide an insight into the various uses, developments and theory of the scattering and diffraction techniques.
These lectures can be attended via Zoom by to up to 100 attendees.
The lectures will be recorded as well, and (with permission of the presenter) will be made available online afterwards for a broader educational reach at #TheLightStuff YouTube channel.
(BST = UTC + 1, CEST = UTC + 2)
- September with Dr Hamish Yeung from the University of Birmingham, GB (tbc)
- September with Dr Matthew R. Rowles from the Curtin University, AU (tbc)
- 28th August at 13.30 UTC with Dr Ines Lezcano-Gonzalez from the University College London, GB (tbc)
- 21st August at 8.00 UTC with Dr Katie Sizeland from ANSTO, AU (tbc)
- 14th August at 13.30 UTC with Dr Helen Duncan from the University College London, GB
- 7th August at 13.30 UTC with Dr Kirsten Marie Ørnsbjerg Jensen from the University of Copenhagen, DK
- 31st July at 8.00 UTC with Dr Susi Seibt from ANSTO, AU
- 24th July at 13.30 UTC with Dr Arwen Tyler from the University of Leeds, GB
- 17th July at 13.30 UTC with Prof Dr Eva M. Herzig from the University of Bayreuth, DE
- 10th July at 13.30 UTC with Dr Pradip Pachfule from the Technische Universität Berlin, DE
- 3rd July at 13.30 UTC with Dr Karin Kleiner from the University of Münster, DE
- 26th June at 8.00 UTC with Dr Helen Brand from ANSTO, AU
- 19th June at 13.30 UTC with Dr Carlotta Giacobbe from ESRF, FR
- 12th June at 13.30 UTC with Dr Inês C. B. Martins from BAM, DE
- 5th June at 14.30 UTC with Dr Johanna Jochum from the Technical University Munich, DE
- 29th May at 14.30 UTC with Dr Annela Seddon from University of Bristol, GB
- 22nd May at 14.30 UTC with Dr Adam H. Clark from Paul Scherrer Institute, CH
- 15th May at 14.30 UTC with Prof. Tabbetha A. Dobbins from the Rowan University, US
- 7th May at 14.30 UTC with Dr Natasha Stephen from the University of Plymouth, GB
- 30th April at 14.30 UTC with Dr Frédéric De Geuser from SIMaP/Grenoble INP, FR
- 24th April at 8.00 UTC with Dr Helen Maynard-Casely from ANSTO, AU
- 17th April at 15.30 UTC with Prof Lilo Pozzo from the University of Washington, US
- 3rd April at 14.30 UTC with Dr Andrew McCluskey from Diamond Light Source, GB
- 27th March at 14.30 UTC with Dr Christine Beavers from Diamond Light Source, GB
Please note that given the international nature of the lectures, the timings of the lecture will vary to coordinate with the lecturer's availability and time zone.
For further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The lectures are organized by Dr Brian Pauw, BAM together with Dr Claire Murray Diamond Light Source, Dr Glen Smales, BAM and Jenni Haberland, BAM.