Following the success of the recent online “Better with Scattering workshop“, BAM will team up with the Diamond Light Source to bring up a series of online lectures on scattering and diffraction, with emphasis on lectures from early career researchers. The talks are intended to provide an insight into the uses, developments and theory of the scattering and diffraction techniques.
These lectures can be attended via Zoom by to up to 100 attendees. The lectures will be recorded as well, and (with permission of the presenter) will be made available online afterwards for a broader educational reach.
The first lectures are already scheduled:
- 27th March at 14.30 UTC with Dr Christine Beavers from Diamond Light Source, UK
- 3rd April at 14.30 UTC with Dr Andrew McCluskey from Diamond Light Source, UK
- 10th April at 14.30 UTC with Dr Natasha Stephen from the University of Plymouth, UK
- 17th April at 15.30 UTC with Prof Lilo Pozzo from the University of Washington, USA
- 24th April at 8.00 UTC with Dr Helen Maynard-Casely from ANSTO, AUS
Please note that given the international nature of the lectures, the timings of the lecture will vary to coordinate with the lecturer's availability and time zone.
To participate, use the meeting join link here. Information on how to log in to the zoom webinar will be made available here soon.
For further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The lectures are organized by Dr Brian Pauw, BAM together with Dr Claire Murray Diamond Light Source and Dr Glen Smales, BAM.