Vice President (m/f/d)
Full time /
Preferred start date
B 5 BBesO | non-tariff remuneration
Unter den Eichen 87
To strengthen our management level at BAM in Berlin-Steglitz, we are looking for a
Vice President (m/f/d)
Salary group B 5 BBesO/non-tariff remuneration
Official/permanent employment relationship
Full-time/suitable as part-time employment
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes. At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences.
Join our team of dedicated scientific leaders!
Your responsibilities include:
- Permanent representative of the Directorate
- Developing the principles of the technical work in cooperation with the Presidential Board and the Directorate of BAM
- Special focus of the professional work is the digital transformation in the subject areas of BAM and support of the digitalisation of the entire organisation
- Leading and motivating a qualified team of more than 50 employees
- Ensuring interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary cooperation within BAM as well as with universities and research institutions, industry and, in the case of legal tasks, with the responsible ministries or administrative institutions
- Participation in national and international scientific committees and organisations in science, administration, regulation and standardisation as well as policy consulting related to digitisation
Work in BAM's Board of Directors includes the developing concepts and strategies to ensure BAM's future viability and actively shaping change processes. You will also be responsible for the cross-departmental coordination of BAM's digitalisation. Through your participation in national and international networks, you will contribute to positioning of BAM as a departmental research institution in this field.
- University degree in natural sciences or engineering and PhD with an excellent result as well as habilitation or comparable scientific achievements arising from professional experience in a research field of natural sciences or engineering relevant for BAM are of particular advantage
- International experience and several years professional experience in the field of digital transformation of natural and engineering sciences are of particular advantage
- Overview of current national/international economic and research policy trends related to the digital transformation; a resilient network of national and international contacts, especially with higher education and research institutions, is assumed
- Experience in the strategic orientation and management of larger scientific areas as well as in the application and implementation of demanding research and development projects
- Excellent knowledge of science management
- Experience with communication at the interface of science, business, politics and administration
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of management interrelationships in larger groups of people (professional and disciplinary management) as well as experience in managing larger organisational structures in the university or non-university science sector, also in an international context
- A high degree of creativity, flexibility, decision-making ability and personal commitment
- Team-oriented work ethic with good communication skills and a high capacity for reflexion
- Fluent command of German and English, written and spoken
- An attractive management position at the interface between science, business and politics
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface of politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
Applicants who meet the requirements will generally receive a salary according to BesGr.
B 5 BBesO. In the case of applicants who do not meet the career requirements for federal officials at the time of recruitment, a corresponding non-tariff remuneration shall be agreed upon. The probation period in accordance with § 34 BLV and § 31 TVöD shall apply in this case.
We welcome applications via the online application form by 20.11.2021. Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, quoting the reference number 400/21-P to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
The President of BAM, Prof. Ulrich Panne, will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have regarding this position by phone at +49 30 8104-1000 or by e-mail at Ulrich.Panne@bam.de .
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. In addition, BAM supports the integration of severely disabled persons and therefore especially welcomes their applications. With regard to the fulfilment of the job advertisement requirements, the application documents are examined individually. Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable.
The advertised position requires a low level of physical aptitude.
Stay in touch with us:
150 Years BAM – Science with Impact. Celebrate with us: https://150.bam.de
Subscribe to our newsletter: https://150.bam.de/newsletter
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BAMResearch