Section S.3 coordinates and advises the management and the divisions of BAM on scientific issues regarding digitalization in all fields of research. Modern scientific experiments are characterised by a hitherto unknown wealth of data, so that according to empirical aspects, theory and simulation many fields of research are at a transition to a data driven science.
An interesting aspect in this context – also for BAM – concerns the integration and analysis of multimodal data (from different measuring equipment or entire sensor networks), whose temporal and spatial correlation hold a high information content.
BAM supports the transition to data driven science by two competence centers “modelling and simulation”, “data analysis” as well as by the section “eScience”.
Fields of expertise
- Communication and coordination in interdisciplinary projects with a digital focus
- Data science with machine learning tools, optimisation methods and data mining methods
- Methods of artificial intelligence, machine learning or advanced statistical methods
- Internal research data management
- Organisation and conception of structures for reference data of BAM according to decree
- Support in software development for data analysis and statistics
- Development of software prototypes for implementation of scientific questions
- Support of third-party funded research projects related to data science
Publications of the division
In the database PUBLICA you will find publications by BAM employees.