- Organisation Chart
- Quality Infrastructure
- Accreditation and Conformity Assessment
The Accreditation and Conformity Assessment section participates in international and national standardisation working groups for conformity assessment (DIN, ISO, CASCO) to encourage high standards of quality, and in doing so contributes to safety in technology and chemistry.
We advise legislators, authorities and private enterprises on matters of conformity assessment and on matters of mutual recognition of test results and certifications in international trade. We lead the Office of the Accreditation Advisory Board (AKB, Geschäftsstelle des Akkreditierungsbeirats) in accordance with the German Accreditation Body Act and coordinate the involvement of interested groups in accreditation-related regulatory processes.
We also conduct studies on selected topics related to conformity assessment, namely testing, certification and accreditation, all with the aim of ensuring the development of quality-assured conformity assessment procedures and establishing accreditation as a tool for confirming the competence of conformity assessment organisations.
Fields of expertise
- Assessment of regulations on accreditation and conformity assessment
- Specialist consultant on general requirements placed on testing and calibration laboratories, inspection and certification bodies, providers of proficiency testing and producers of reference materials, and their application in practice
- Specialist knowledge on the establishment of conformity assurance systems
- Many years of expertise in the development and improvement of German and European accreditation, including mutual recognition of accreditation bodies
- Leadership of the Office of the Accreditation Advisory Board
- Representation in standardisation committee “NA 147-00-03 AA Certification Principles” (conformity assessment principles) and sub-committees thereof
- German representation in international standardisation (ISO/CASCO) (currently: revision of ISO/IEC 17011, ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 17034)
- Performance of studies: Methodology of accreditation bodies, Involvement of interested groups in the accreditation process
Range of services/technical equipment
- Consulting in the fields of accreditation and conformity assessment
- Website of the Accreditation Advisory Board