Testing Devices and Equipment
In the Testing Devices and Equipment division, we develop and design testing devices for test and research purposes at the BAM. The core expertise of the workshops lies in the production of testing devices and workshop samples made of metal, ceramics or special-purpose materials.
By working interactively, we are provided with broad, interdisciplinary knowledge, in particular concerning new, difficult-to-process materials and for damage studies. Our broad spectrum of modern machine tools enables the production of components of high precision, and on this basis we can study and optimise how production influences surface design and a material's mechanical properties during processing.
The significance of precision production is also reflected in the training of industrial mechanics in our division.
Fields of expertise
- Conception, development and design of scientific devices and equipment
- Development and production of mechatronic/electronic sub-assemblies
- Engineering consulting in partnership with the scientists
- Production of device components/material samples according to sketches and workshop drawings, from metallic, ceramic, polymeric and fibre-reinforced composite materials as well as special-purpose materials
- Production of workshop drawings and production documents
- Calculation services; FEM simulation
- Documented production of samples and test specimens in accordance with DIN, EN, ISO and works standards
Range of services/technical equipment
- CAD workstations, software: Solid Edge ST6, FEM software
- Laboratory power supply equipment, function generators; impulse generators, oscilloscopes, equipment for etching PCBs
- CNC turning, CNC milling, water jet cutting, wire/cavity-type electrical discharge machining, surface grinding, cylindrical grinding
- Ultrasonic-assisted machining
- Measurement technology
The workshop quality management system meets DIN EN ISO 9001 requirements and is also accredited according to Nadcap.
Publications of the division