Postdoctoral Fellow (m/f)
244/17 – 1.4
To strengthen our team in the division “Process Analytical Technology” in Berlin-Adlershof,
starting at the next possible date we are looking for a
Postdoctoral Fellow (m/f)
Salary is according to the public service pay-scale group 13 TVöD
Fixed term contract for 36 months
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
Join us and be part of our motivated team.
Your responsibilities include:
Pursuing and shaping the project "metal-organic frameworks as hydrogen storage materials for improving safety, capacity, and efficiency of hydrogen filling stations" on your own authority. Your portfolio of skills should equip you to perform the following research methodologies:
- Synthesis and Characterization of MOFs (Metal Organic Frameworks) for hydrogen storage, e.g., using novel mechano-chemical synthesis methods
- MOF adsorptive materials characterization via physisorption measurements
- Characterization of MOF based adsorptive materials using standard analytical and structural analytical methods
- Consideration of technical safety aspects of hydrogen storage
- Determination of boundary conditions as well as economic considerations of hydrogen storage materials
- Interaction with the scientific community stakeholders, and with inter-departmental focus areas of BAM through oral and written communication
You have an excellent academic record and an undergraduate degree in chemistry or physics or ma-terials sciences and a PhD degree related to materials synthesis and characterization. Beyond this you have profound knowledge of synthesis and characterization of metal organic frameworks (MOFs). Furthermore, a high degree of analytical chemical background knowledge ideally together with extensive practical experience in this area is desired. Knowledge in the area of physisorption measurements for determination of isotherms and evaluation of the specific surface area as well as experience with XANES and EXAFS measurements is important. Experiences in fund raising as well as management of third-party funded projects is highly desirable. Excellent presentation skills and a good record of relevant peer-reviewed publications as well as fluent English language skills round your profile. You will need to work independently and well-structured with high commitment and you will need to have a high capacity for teamwork and communication with internal and external partners.
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 23.11.2017, quoting the reference number 224/17-1.4. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr. Michael Maiwald will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 81 04-11 40 and/or by email to Michael.Maiwald@bam.de.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.