Ph.D. Student (m/f/d) in the field of civil engineering or an equivalent engineering discipline, applied physics or mathematics with a focus on theoretical mechanics
237/19 – 7.7
Unter den Eichen 87
To strengthen our team in division “Modelling and Simulation” in Berlin-Steglitz,
starting as soon as possible, we are looking for a
Ph.D. Student (m/f/d)
in the field of civil engineering or an equivalent engineering discipline, applied physics or mathematics with a focus on theoretical mechanics
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract for 3 years
Full-time/ suitable as part-time employment
At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences. We offer an excellent work environment, located in Berlin, with state of the art research infrastructure and special laboratories.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
Research in the field of “Multiphysics models for reinforced concrete structures subjected to fire and explosive loading”; specific tasks include:
- Literature review
- Development of innovative numerical methods for the simulation of materials and structures subjected to explosive loading using the Finite Element Method
- Implementation of constitutive models
- Validation of the numerical methods using experimental data
- Presentation and publication of the results
- Interdisciplinary exchange within the scientific community
- Scientific degree (Master/Diploma) in the field of a civil engineering or an equivalent engineering discipline, applied physics or mathematics with a focus on theoretical mechanics
- Extensive knowledge and experience in continuum mechanics and in the development of Finite Element applications (constitutive models and element technology)
- General coding skills (C++ and python)
- Experience with CT-data acquisition and processing is desirable
- Excellent communication skills in German and English (spoken and written)
- Commitment, ability to work independently and goal oriented in a team as well as publication and presentation skills
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: email@example.com by 03.11.2019, quoting the reference number 237/19-7.7. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr. Jörg Unger will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.