Ph.D. Student (m/f/d) in the field of chemistry, material science or related areas
230/19 – 6.2
Unter den Eichen 87
To strengthen our team in the division “Interfacial Processes and Corrosion” in Berlin-Steglitz ,
starting as soon as possible, we are looking for a
Ph.D. Student (m/f/d)
in the field of chemistry, material science or related areas
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract for 36 months
65 % of regular number of working hours
At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences. We offer an excellent work environment, located in Berlin, with state of the art research infrastructure and specialized laboratories.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
- Analysis of corrosion processes of complex compositional alloys (CCAs) and their welded joints in aqueous environments by means of electrochemical, spectroscopic and microscopic methods
- Investigation of the deformation behavior of CCAs and their weld joints; the correlation of the re-sults with the microstructure analysis
- Analysis of corrosion processes of CCAs under combined corrosive and mechanical load by means of different Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM) techniques
- Publication of the results in peer-reviewed journals
- Presentation of the results in national and international conferences
- MSc. or equivalent degree in chemistry, material science or related areas
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in electrochemistry, preferably in the field of corrosion analysis
- Knowledge on elementary mechanisms of aqueous corrosion, particularly of alloys and weld joints
- Knowledge on the operating principles of Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) and/or Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy (SECM)
- Excellent command of the English language in writing and presentation is a prerequisite
- Good ability in scientific writing and in presenting in front of an audience
- High degree of motivation and commitment, capacity for co-operation and team spirit as well as mobility and creativity for working in an interdisciplinary scientific environment
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: email@example.com by 23.10.2019, quoting the reference number 230/19-6.2. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr.-Ing. Özlem Özcan will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-1602 and/or by email to Ozlem.Ozcan@bam.de .
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.