PhD student Chemistry (Chemical engineering), Polymer Science, (Nano)materials Science or a comparable discipline
Unter den Eichen 87
To strengthen our team in the department “Materials Protection and Surface Technologies” in Berlin-Steglitz ,
starting 01.12.2017, we are looking for a
Chemistry (Chemical engineering), Polymer Science, (Nano)materials Science or a
Salary group 13 TVöD
18 months fixed-term contract, with option to extend the contract for another period of 18 months
part-time employment 65 %
Join us and be part of our motivated team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Synthesis and characterization of amphiphiles forming vesicles
- Production of synthetic vesicles and thermoresponsive nano/microgels with micromixer technology
- Functionalization of vesicles with proteins or compartmentalization
- Characterization of nanoparticles with DLS, zeta potential, etc.
- Publication of results in international journals
- MSc or diploma degree in chemistry (chemical engineering), polymer science or (nano)materials science with good university degrees
- Previous work with microfluidics
- Very good knowledge and practical experience in organic and polymer synthesis as well as characterization of soft nanoparticles
- Knowledge of self-organization of amphiphiles, nano/microgels and/or biotechnology would be appreciated
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team (e.g. with engineers)
- Capacity for teamwork as well as independent working
- Very good command of English
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: email@example.com by 22.10.2017, quoting the reference number 225/17-6.0. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Ms Jun.-Prof. Dr. A. Bertin will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-4479 and/or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.