Scientific co-worker Master or Diploma in Chemistry, Physics or Materials and Nano Sciences (f/m)
223/17 – 6.1
Unter den Eichen 87
To strengthen our team in the division “Surface Anaysis and Interfacial Chemistry” in Berlin-Steglitz,
starting at the next possible date, we are looking for a
Master or Diploma in Chemistry, Physics or Materials and Nano Sciences (f/m)
Salary group: Entgeltgruppe E 14 TVöD
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
Join us and be part of our motivated team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Development and application of new methods of surface analysis using secondary ion mass spectrometry (SIMS) and Auger electron spectroscopy (AES) within the scope of the BAM Topic in Focus "Analytical Sciences".
- Allocation of R & D projects and to work on them on your own responsibility.
- Active role in the Surface Analysis Working Group of the International Meter Convention (CCQM/BIPM) and in the EMPIR European Metrology Program where you are expected to acquire funding for EURAMET R & D projects.
- Participation in DIN and ISO working groups aiming on further standardisation for AES and SIMS.
- SIMS and AES based materials testing under the umbrella of an accredited (ISO 17025) test laboratory, development and maintenance of Standard Operation Procedures, maintenance of the ION TOF TOF-SIMS IV and Nanoprobe PHI 700 instruments, acquisition and processing of external and internal test orders.
- Reporting, publication and presentation of research and testing results and interdisciplinary exchange of knowledge on an international level as well.
- Professional experience and an excellent academic university degree in chemistry, physics, materials or nanosciences and a PhD degree related to surface chemical analysis.
- Profound knowledge in application of secondary ion mass spectroscopy and/or Auger electron spectroscopy with high end instruments as specified above but also overarching knowledge in the field of surface chemical analysis and related metrology.
- High presentation skills and an impressive record of peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience in fund raising and the management of third-party funded projects.
- Fluent English. At least basic knowledge in German language and readiness to improve it.
- You are working independently and well-structured with high commitment and you have a high capacity for teamwork and communication with internal and external partners.
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15.11.2017, quoting the reference number 223/17-6.1. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr. W. Unger will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-1823 and/or by email to email@example.com.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.