PhD Research Assistant (f/m) in the field of archaeometry
219/18 – 4.5
Unter den Eichen 87
To strengthen our team in the division “Analysis of Artefacts and Cultural Assets” in Berlin-Steglitz ,
starting 2019-02-01 , we are looking for a
PhD Research Assistant (f/m)
in the field of archaeometry
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract until 2022-01-31
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
Join us and be part of our motivated team.
Your responsibilities include:
Material analysis of early Islamic manuscripts, written with different writing materials on papyrus, parchment and paper. The work will focus on two main questions:
- Is there a correlation between the genre of the manuscript and the materials that were used for production?
- Is it possible to create fundamental knowledge for the sustainable preservation of the manuscripts?
Place of employment is the University of Hamburg (UHH).
- Successfully completed professional education as a restorer
- University degree in archaeometry and a pertinent doctorate with an excellent result
- Many years of experience in the processing of paper, parchment and papyrus objects
- Basic knowledge in dealing with scientific analyses within manuscript analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of historical recipes for the processing/production of paper and writing materials (inks, inks and pigments)
- Verbal and written skills in English and Italian
- Basic knowledge in Arabic
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 09.01.2019, quoting the reference number 219/18-4.5. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr.Oliver Hahn will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-3821 and/or by email to Oliver.Hahn@bam.de.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.