Graduate student (f/m/d) in the field of physics, chemistry or related ones
To strengthen our team in the Division “Structure Analysis” in Berlin-Adlershof,
starting as soon as possible, we are looking for a
Graduate student (f/m/d)
in the field of physics, chemistry or related ones
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract for 36 months
65 % of regular number of working hours
Join us and be part of our motivated team.
Your responsibilities include:
Development of X-ray absorption spectroscopy in grazing-exit modus for speciation of thin corrosion layers in nanometre range within the project 'Surface Degradation Phenomena and Utilization of Innovative Alloys (SURDIA)'. These includes:
- Development of the measurement setup and the associated control programs
- Development of the evaluation programs
- Analysis of reference and real samples
- Documentation, evaluation and interpretation of data
- Publication, presentation and documentation of the results in scientific articles, reports and at national and international conferences.
- University degree (diploma or master's degree) in physics, chemistry, materials science or a comparable subject area
- Programming knowledge in a higher programming language required (Python or similar)
- Knowledge of X-ray spectroscopy
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Documentation, publication and presentation skills
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 27, 2019, quoting the reference number 200/19-1.3. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr. Martin Radtke will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via telephone number +49 30 8104-4654 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.