Senior Scientist (f/m) Graduate in Chemistry, Physics, Material or Nano Sciences
198/18 – 6.1
Unter den Eichen 87
To strengthen our team in the division “Surface Analysis and Interfacial Chemistry” in Berlin-Steglitz,
starting at 2019-03-01, we are looking for a
Senior Scientist (f/m)
Graduate in Chemistry, Physics, Material or Nano Sciences
Salary group: Entgeltgruppe E 14 TVöD
Full-time/suitable as part-time employment
Join us and be part of our motivated team.
You are responsible for conducting SIMS and AES based R&D and testing experiments in an accredited test laboratory (ISO 17025) situated in the BAM focus area Analytical Sciences.
Your responsibilities include:
- Proactive and self-organized development and application of new surface analytical methods using Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS) and Auger Electron Spectroscopy (AES); allocation and implementation of related R&D projects,
- Supervision of research and testing activities using the SIMS and AES instruments in the Division, maintenance of hardware and Standard Operation Procedures according to ISO 17025 as well as participation in standardization of SIMS and AES,
- Technical and scientific supervision of Ph.D. students and post docs and their respective projects in the BAM focus area Analytical Sciences,
- Dissemination of research and testing results in the form of presentations at scientific conferences and publication in scientific journals.
- Excellent university degree in chemistry, physics, materials or nanoscience and a pertinent doctorate with an excellent result,
- Several years of practical work experience in SIMS and comprehensive knowledge in surface chemical analysis by AES, XPS and related methods in a wider field of applications,
- Proven experience in acquisition and management of third-party funded projects,
- Proven vast experience in publication of scientific results in peer reviewed journals,
- Very good verbal and written skills in German and English.
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15.01.2019, quoting the reference number 198/2018-6.1. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr. W.Unger will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-1823 and/or by email Wolfgang.Unger@bam.de.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.