Senior Scientist in Chemistry
184/18 – 1.9
Rudower Chaussee 11
To strengthen our team in the Division Chemical and Optical Sensing in Berlin-Adlershof, we are looking for a
Senior Scientist in Chemistry
Salary group 13 TVöD
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
Join us and be part of our motivated team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Development of innovative, “lab-on-chip”-based and miniaturized sensors in the field of activity of the Division for the optical spectroscopic and electrochemical detection,
- Design, construction, assembly and application of the “labs-on-chip” incorporating sensor materials, chemical and biochemical recognition structures of diverse formats and for a broad range of analytes,
- Establishment and validation of miniaturized, microfluidic and “lab-on-chip”-based sensors and assays and transfer of the technologies into areas close to the market and as reference methods,
- Support and upgrading of the clean room laboratories of the Division incl. the existing methods,
- Scientific development of the task area through research proposals and projects,
- Presentation of the research in scientific journals and at conferences.
- An academic university degree in the field of chemistry or a comparable discipline with an at least “good” result, a Ph.D. degree with predicate “very good”,
- Very good knowledge and relevant experience in the design, construction, assembly and application of microfluidic chips, especially in combination with bio-/chemical sensor matrices (thin films, micro- and nanoparticles) and integration into optical and electrochemical detection environments, in analytical chemistry as well as knowledge in physical chemistry,
- Relevant experience and profound knowledge in the development and application of miniaturized sensing and „lab-on-chip“ devices for use outside of the laboratory,
- Relevant experience and profound knowledge in preparative organic and materials chemistry,
- Relevant experience and profound knowledge in working in clean rooms,
- Proven, international publication record (as self-responsible as possible),
- Experience in proposal writing, acquisition and management of scientific projects,
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address:email@example.com by 28.11.2018, quoting the reference number 184/18-1.9. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr. Rurack will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-1190 and/or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.