Senior Scientist in Chemistry, Food Chemistry, Biochemistry or a comparable discipline for Organic Mass Spectrometry
To strengthen our team in the division “Food Analysis” in Berlin-Adlershof,
starting 01.01.2018, we are looking for a
Senior Scientist in Chemistry, Food Chemistry, Biochemistry or a comparable discipline
for Organic Mass Spectrometry
Salary group 14 TVöD
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
Join us and be part of our motivated team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Collaboration in a new centre for mass spectrometry for organic environmental, food, materials and bioanalysis with responsibility for high resolution mass spectrometry (HRMS) including HRMS system administration
- Development and implementation of strategies for application of HRMS in the context of studies for e.g. environmental fate, food authenticity, biomarkers and material properties
- Development and application of chromatographic coupling methods with HRMS. The focus is on the identification of contaminants and transformation products, studies on pattern recognition and differentiation of complex samples and the quantification of low abundant analytes
- Interdisciplinary collaboration, in particular with experts in statistical data analysis
- Independent scientific publishing and presentation activities, acquisition and management of research projects as well as supervision of young academics
- An academic university degree in the field of chemistry, food chemistry, biochemistry or a comparable discipline with an at least “good” result, a Ph.D. degree in one of these areas with predicate “very good” and experience as a postdoctoral researcher in a relevant research area
- Comprehensive knowledge and extensive practical experience in the field of organic mass spectrometry, especially in dealing with HRMS hyphenated to liquid- and/or gas-chromatography
- Profound experience in the identification and quantification of organic analytes by means of mass spectrometry, preferably in the fields of environmental, food, materials or bioanalysis
- Proven, international publication record (as self-responsible as possible) in relevant research fields; experience in proposal writing and acquisition of scientific projects is desired
- Excellent knowledge of English language
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 16.11.2017, quoting the reference number 172/17-1.7. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr. M. Koch will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-1170 and/or by email to email@example.com.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.