Graduate student (f/m/d) in the field of physics, chemistry or related ones
168/19 – 1.3
To strengthen our team in the Division “Structure Analysis” in Berlin-Adlershof,
starting as soon as possible, we are looking for a
Graduate student (f/m/d)
in the field of physics, chemistry or related ones
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract for 36 months
65 % of regular number of working hours
At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences. We offer an excellent work environment, located in Berlin, with state-of-the-art research infrastructure and special laboratories.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
Scientific work on the project "New analytical possibilities for material characterization with energy and depth resolved X-ray imaging based on coded aperture methods". This project investigates the suitability of novel methods for the characterization of metal organic frameworks (MOFs) materials using X-ray spectroscopic methods.
- Preparation of the scientific work
- Development of reconstruction algorithms and realization of the respective programs
- Preparation and execution of measurements at the synchrotron measuring station of BAM (BAMline and µSpot beamline at BESSY II)
- Documentation, evaluation and interpretation of data
- Publication, presentation and documentation of the results in scientific articles, reports and at national and international conferences.
- MSc/diploma in the field of physics, chemistry or related ones
- Practical experience in a higher programming language required (Python or similar)
- Basic knowledge in the field of X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy (XRF)
- Documentation, publication and presentation skills
- Commitment, independence and goal-oriented way of working, ability to cooperate and work in a team
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 19.09.2019, quoting the reference number 168/19-1.3. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr. Martin Radtke will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via telephone number +49 30 8104-4654 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.