Engineering Scientist (with Doctorate)
Unter den Eichen 87
To strengthen our team in the division “Micro Non-Destructive Testing” in Berlin-Steglitz, starting as soon as possible, we are looking for a Engineering Scientist (with Doctorate)
Salary group 14 TVöD
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
Join us and be part of our motivated team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Independent and accountable execution of complex and interdisciplinary research in the field of additive manufacturing using advanced characterization techniques such as computed tomography and synchrotron/neutron diffraction
- Project management in the field of materials characterization of additively manufactured materials and components
- Coordination of work in the field of residual stress analysis using synchrotron and neutron diffraction
-Development of research collaborations as well as acquisition and management of new research projects
- Participation in national and international standardization bodies
- Successfully completed university studies in the field of material science, mechanical engineering, physics or similar, and possess a doctorate awarded with distinction
- Relevant and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing processes and the properties of additively manufactured materials developed through many years of professional experience and documented in prominent publications and presentations
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the area of material and component characterization, in particular by means of microscopy and computed tomography as well as in non-destructive testing of additively manufactured materials
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the determination of residual stresses by diffraction methods (especially with synchrotron and neutron radiation)
- Experience in the development and submission of grant proposals and the execution of research projects as well as in supervising young scientists
- Very good command of spoken and written German and English
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31.08.2017, quoting the reference number 167/17-8.5. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Prof. Bruno will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-1850 and/or by email to email@example.com.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.