166/17 – 4.1
Unter den Eichen 87
To strengthen our team in the division “Biodeterioration and Reference Organisms” in Berlin-Steglitz, starting 1 September 2017, we are looking for a
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract until 31 August 2020
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
Join us and be part of our motivated team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Participating in the research project BioDetector in collaboration with industry
- Applying molecular methods for identifying microorganisms from fuels
- Purifying DNA from fuels and amplifying DNA by isothermal PCR
- Supervising of BA-, MA- and doctoral theses
- Academic university degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology or another comparable discipline with an at least “good” result and a Ph.D. degree with a predicate “very good”
- Work experience as a postdoctoral researcher in the field of molecular biology
- Strong expertise in molecular biology of nucleic acids (isolation, purification, amplification of DNA by PCR or related methods)
- Experience in scientific publication and presentation of research results are necessary
- Excellent command of the English language (spoken and written) is mandatory
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: email@example.com by 25/08/2017, quoting the reference number 166/17-4.1. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr Kunte will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-1410 and/or by email to Hans-Joerg.Kunte@bam.de.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.