Graduate student (f/m/d) in the field of microbiology, biology, biochemistry or related areas
148/19 – 4.1
Unter den Eichen 87
To strengthen our team in the division “Biodeterioration and Reference Organisms” in Berlin-Steglitz,
starting from the 1st of October 2019 by 31st December 2019 at the latest, we are looking for a
Graduate student (f/m/d)
in the field of microbiology, biology, biochemistry or related areas
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract for 36 months
65 % of regular number of working hours
At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences. We offer an excellent work environment, located in Berlin, with state of the art research infrastructure and special laboratories.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
- Analysis of corrosive, methanogenic archaea in dynamic flow systems as pure culture and co-culture with sulfate-reducing bacteria (SRB).
- Simulation of environmental influences and subsequent investigation of corroded metals
- Investigation of metallic materials on microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC)
- Characterization and identification of corrosion products by Tof-SIMS, CLSM, SEM, Raman spec-troscopy
- Supervision of undergraduate or graduate students
- Your research results are delivered as reports, publications and presentations
- Excellent MSc. or equivalent degree in microbiology, biology, biochemistry or a comparable area
- Additional knowledge in the following disciplines is beneficial: electrochemistry, mineralogy or geology
- Master thesis on a related area with practical experience in the handling of anaerobic microorganisms, especially methanogenic Archaea, SRB or Geobacter is desirable
- Interest in interdisciplinary work as well as independent, careful and self-responsible working meth-ods
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Commitment, ability to cooperate and work in a team
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.08.2019, quoting the reference number 148/19-4.1. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr. Andrea Koerdt will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-1416 and/or by email to Andrea.Koerdt@bam.de .
We would like to point out that we have advertised another doctoral position in the above-mentioned department under the reference number 149/19-4.1. You also have the opportunity to apply for this position.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.