Senior Scientist in Natural Sciences (m/f/d) in Chemistry, Mineralogy, Crystallography, Materials Science
Rudower Chaussee 11
To strengthen our team in the division “Structure Analysis” in Berlin Adlershof,
starting as soon as possible, we are looking for a
Senior Scientist in Natural Sciences (m/f/d)
in Chemistry, Mineralogy, Crystallography, Materials Science
Salary group E13 TVöD
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
Join us and be part of our motivated team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Research and development in the field of structural analysis, with particular focus on the use of X-ray diffraction and X-ray scattering techniques.
- Supporting the department's work at synchrotron facilities throughout Europe, as well as at the BAMline and μSpot beamlines at BESSYII
- Supervision and operation of the X-ray powder diffractometers within the department
- Train and assist department students and scientists in techniques of X-ray based structural analysis
- Attracting, acquiring and carrying out consultancy work for third-party customers in projects concerning structural analysis
- Attracting and acquiring third-party funding for projects in the field of structural analysis
- Successful applications must hold an outstanding university degree in Chemistry, Mineralogy, Crystallography, Materials Science or a comparable subject area
- Comprehensive knowledge in the field of structural analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of X-ray powder diffraction and structure solution from X-ray powder diffraction data
- Knowledge in the analysis of material structure from pairwise distribution function data
- Experience in the acquisition and management of R & D projects, and scientific project manage-ment
- Experience in the supervision and mentoring of junior scientists
- Strong publication record in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals in the relevant field of research
- Excellent oral and written skills in German and English
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: email@example.com by 05/07/2019, quoting the reference number 111/19-1.3. Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 - Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection procedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr. Franziska Emmerling will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-1133 and/or by email to Fran-ziska.Emmerling@bam.de.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.