16/03/2020 09:00 AM
19/03/2020 05:00 PM
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Unter den Eichen 87
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung, Division Polymers in Life Sciences and Nanotechnology
Better with Scattering: SAXS/WAXS Workshop for Nano Materials
with B. R. Pauw, I. Bressler, G. J. Smales, A. F. Thünemann, and more!
The workshop is open to all Ph.D and Post Doc researchers from all areas of materials science, whom are interested in learning about Small / Wide Angle X ray scattering (SAXS/WAXS) and how it can be utilised in their own research to elucidate the nanostructure of materials.
The workshop will be run free of charge and throughout the course you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of SAXS/WAXS
- Practice making practical consideration for measurements
- Measure your own materials in the MAUS (BAM’s state of the art SAXS/WAXS instrument)
- Learn to process data according to standardised methods (DAWN)
- Practice different SAXS data analysis methods on you own data (McSAS SASfit SasView)
- Discuss your results and interpretations with world renowned specialists.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can send a short email to email@example.com. A short proposal form will then be sent to you to be filled in, where you can briefly describe your research and provide some information on your samples. Based on these entries a selection of attendees will be made for the workshop.