20/03/2018 09:00 AM
23/03/2018 07:00 PM
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Building 5, Ludwig-Erhard-Saal
Unter den Eichen 87
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) Unter den Eichen 87 12205 Berlin
With support of
- DAAS, German Working Party for Analytical Spectroscopy in the German Chemical Society
- German Research Foundation (DFG)
- Committee of Analytical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- The Ioannes Marcus Marci Spectroscopic Society (Czech Republic)
- Slovak Spectroscopic Society, Member of the Association of Slovak Scientific and Technological Societies
- Hungarian Chemical Society, Committee on Analytical and Environmental Chemistry of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Invitation and Call for Papers
is the biennial European symposium for scientists and advanced students working in the field of elemental analytical spectroscopy.
is the well-established German colloquium where users, scientists and students exchange latest results in application and novel developments in elemental analysis every two years. These two conferences will be jointly held in March 2018 at BAM in Berlin, Germany.
The "Anwendertreffen Plasmaspektrometrie 2018" (user meeting plasma-spectrometry) will be imbedded into the meeting as an advanced get-together, focused on ICP-OES, ICP-MS and other plasma-based analytical techniques. An exhibition of modern analytical instrumentation, sample preparation and data handling will accompany the meeting.
For the first time, these three well known conferences will be organized in one joint event. Starting on 20.03.2018 the users of Plasma Spectrochemical Instrumentation will meet. Traditionally, a full overview of the American Winter Conference on Plasma Spectrochemistry 2018 will be presented to all those who were not able to participate. Subsequently, the users will exchange their experiences and new findings of their applied research work. The conference language will be predominantly German.
On 21.03.2018 the Colloquium of Analytical Atomic Spectroscopy 2018 will start, mainly in German language.
On 22.03.2018 and on 23.03.2018, ESAS CANAS will be run jointly in English.
• Optical Atomic Spectrometry, atomic absorption, atomic emission, atomic fluorescence
• Elemental mass spectrometry
• Molecular mass spectrometry with novel plasma excitation sources
• X-ray spectrometry
• Laser based spectroscopy
• Sample preparation and sample introduction
• Solid sampling techniques
• Species analysis
• Metrology and quality assurance
ESAS/CANAS will present key-note lectures, contributed oral presentations, and posters. Prime times in the program will be dedicated to poster viewing and discussion. Awards for outstanding poster presentations will emphasize the importance of this kind of scientific communication.
Oral presentations (20 minutes including time for discussion) as well as poster presentations, which address the topics listed above, should be submitted in electronic form on-line.
The scientific committee will require the title, authors and a short abstract of the content. Deadline for submission will be November 28th, 2017.
The authors will be informed about acceptance and the form, date and time of presentation before December 12th, 2017. The final abstract for printing will be required by February 20th, 2018.
It is planned to publish selected papers, presented during the conference, jointly in Spectrochimica Acta Part B