10/09/2017 09:00 AM
15/09/2017 05:00 PM
CAES du CNRS
83600 FRÉJUS France
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM), CSMC Centre for the study of manuscript cultures, PSL Research University Paris
From Fragments to Books - from Identification to Interpretation
ManuSciences' 17 will focus on a multi-facetted investigation of manuscripts adding new chemical and physical analyses, imaging methods and techniques from computer sciences to classical philology, palaeography, codicology, linguistics and history
- To facilitate knowledge exchange between young scientists and experts in manuscript sciences
- To provide an interdisciplinary discussion forum and to develop cooperation among experts in manuscript studies
- To promote awareness of new technologies in manuscripts studies
Leif Glaser - Roger Easton - Oliver Hahn - Marcus Liwicki - Eve Menei - Ira Rabin - Hasia Rimon - Uzi Smilansky - Marc Smith - Peter Stokes - Daniel Stökl Ben Ezra - Dominique Stutzmann - Keith Knox
History of Papyrus - History of Parchment - History of Paper - Inks & Pigments - Instrumental Analysis - Multispectral Imaging and Data Treatment - Introduction to Palaeography - Codicology and TEI - Automatic Layout Analysis - Computer Palaeography - Computer analysis of Inscribed 3D Objects
XRF - Microscopy, Reflectography, FTIR & Raman spectroscopy - Multispectral Imaging & Data Treatment - Computational Image Treatment
Deadline: May 1st, 2017
Application should include
- letter of motivation
- letter of recommendation (except for university lecturers)
- For those already working in the field, we also encourage to submit an abstract (one-page camera-ready, pdf- or word-document) for a poster presentation.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
Notification of acceptance June 10th
Inscription fee: 150 € (non-refundable, payable until July 3rd, 2017, after that date the fee is 200 €)
Accommodation (twin-room) and board (6 days) 390 €
Important: Financial support (e.g. for lodging and food) can be granted based on the application (letter of recommendation, CV). Please specify when applying.
We expect to be able to financially support a large number of participants.