10.06.2021 10:00 Uhr
10.06.2021 17:30 Uhr
Link wird nach Anmeldung zur Verfügung gestellt
The online event will bring together leaders in science, medicine and industry to discuss how antimicrobial surfaces can be used rationally to reduce the risk of antimicrobial resistance evolution and spread on medical implants and clinical surfaces.
- Henny van der Mei, UMC Groningen, The Netherlands
- Jeremy Webb, University of Southampton, UK
- Qun Ren, Empa, Switzerland
- Christian Ahrens, Agroscope, Switzerland
- Frank Schreiber, BAM, Germany
- Biomaterials for biofilm and AMR prevention
- Resistance mechanisms to antibiotics and biocides in biofilms
- Antimicrobial resistance evolution in biofilms
- María D. Macià, Hospital Universitario Son Espaces, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Henk Busscher, UMCG, Groningen, The Netherlands
- Vaughn Cooper, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Members of the BEAT-AMR consortium
The target audience includes microbiologists working on biofilm formation and antimicrobial resistance, material scientists developing antimicrobial biomaterials, physicians dealing with biofilm infections on implanted materials, and material companies supplying biomaterials for clinical use.
The organizing committee will accept a limited number of contributed talks (ca. 10+5 min).
Applications should be directed to email@example.com until the 25th of April. Applications should include a PDF with a title, author list + affiliation and a brief abstract (max. 200 words) highlighting the background and the results that will be presented.
The official language of the symposium is English.
Further information & registration
Registration will close on 1 June 2021.
A link for joining the meeting will be sent upon registration.