22.05.2019 17:30 Uhr
22.05.2019 22:00 Uhr
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM)
Unter den Eichen 87
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Scientific communication has become an important topic for scientists.
How can I present my research topic in such a way that non-specialists can also understand it?
What format is suitable for which target audience?
What are the new trends within the scientific communication field?
We would like to discuss these questions together during our panel session. One highlight will also be the live performance of Daniel Meza, who is well known in the Berlin science slam community. After the science slam, you will have the opportunity to connect with other alumni and PhD students during our Network BBQ.
5:30 pm: Panel discussion "Scientific communication: press release, tweet and science slam"
- Professor Ulrich Panne, BAM president
- Alexander Battig, speaker of the BAM PhD student group
- Anna Raysyan, PhD student at BAM and runner up in the Falling Walls Lab competition in 2018
- Rebecca Winkels, Wissenschaft im Dialog (Science in Dialogue, WiD)
- Daniel Meza, PhD student at Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin and a top science slam performer
6:00 pm: Science slam with Daniel Meza, PhD student at Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin and a top science slam performer
6:15 pm: BBQ
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17 May 2019 and let us know if you will be able to attend.
BAM employees do not need to register.