10.03.2019 18:00 Uhr
15.03.2019 14:00 Uhr
CAES du CNRS
83600 FRÉJUS France
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung, Center for the Study of Manuscript Cultures, Hamburg University, Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, Paris Sciences et Lettres University
Manuscripts: From fragments to books - from identification to interpretation
manuSciences'19 will focus on a multi-facetted investigation of manuscripts adding new chemical and physical analyses, imaging methods and techniques from computer sciences to classical philology, paleography, codicology, linguistics and history.
- To facilitate knowledge exchange between young scientists and experts in manuscript sciences
- To provide an interdisciplinary discussion forum and to develop cooperation among experts in manuscript studies
- To promote awareness of new technologies in manuscripts studies
Up to 40 (max.) young researchers, from master and Ph.D. students to researchers and university lecturers. Active participation is expected. The lectures and courses will be in English.
Inquiries and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (for details see below).
Alberto Campagnolo, Matthew Collins, Roger Easton, Leif Glaser, Oliver Hahn*, Gregory Hodgins, Benjamin Kiessling, Keith Knox, Eve Menei, Ira Rabin*, Peter Stokes*, Daniel Stökl Ben Ezra*
Programme (lectures, practical courses)
Papyrus Production - Parchment Production - Paper Production - Inks & Pigments - Carbon 14 - DNA Analysis - Instrumental Analysis - Multispectral Imaging and Data Treatment - Introduction to Palaeography - Paleography and TEI - Codicology and TEI - Computational Manuscript Treatment - Synchrotrons
XRF - Microscopy, Reflectography, VIS, FTIR & Raman spectroscopy - Multispectral Imaging & Data Treatment - Computational Manuscript Treatment
Application deadline is November 15, 2018.
- a CV entitled NAME_SURNAME_CV.pdf
- a motivation letter entitled NAME_SURNAME_MOT.pdf
- a recommendation letter (e.g. from your advisor) sent directly to the above emails and entitled NAME_SURNAME_REC.pdf
- a poster abstract for a poster presentation according to this template and entitled NAME_SURNAME_ABS.pdf
- a photo entitled NAME_SURNAME.jpg (to facilitate learning the participants' names for everybody)
Abstract submission form
Your abstract should be formatted according to the abstract template.
All abstracts must be received together with the registration.
Save as a Word document with title NAME_SURNAME_ABS.doc
Notification of acceptance December 1, 2018.
- Inscription fees : 150 € (payable until January 15, 2019, after that date the fee is 200 €)
- Accommodation (twin-room) and board (5 nights) 455 €
Important: Financial support (e.g. for lodging and food) can be granted based on the application (letter of recommendation, CV, poster presentation). Please specify when applying.